1912 Herman C. Grabowsky starts a small plumbing company in a storeroom under the lobby of the Barnett Hotel in Canton, Ohio.
1916 The company purchases and relocates to our current location in the historic Reichart building in downtown Canton.
1950 Herman's son, Robert, enters the business, after graduating from Purdue University with an engineering degree.
Mid-1950's Standard is awarded the largest air conditioning project in Stark County - Canton City Hall. This is the beginning of a Standard's involvement in the rapidly growing air-conditioning industry.
1971 Robert assumes the presidency of the company.
1979 Robert's son, David, enters the business after graduation from the University of Colorado with a degree in economics. He becomes an estimator/project manager as well as an officer of the company.
1989 Sheet Metal Crafters, Inc., an affiliate company, is formed to provide sheet metal installations for all of Standard's projects.
Late 1970's and 1980's Standard's service department grows from an initial base of four service technicians to over 15, making Standard Plumbing & Heating a full-service mechanical contractor.
1987 The Mansfield branch office was established as a result of business opportunities in the Mansfield area.
1997 Robert passes the title of president to David.
1998 The company breaks ground for an additional building across the street from their headquarters. The expansion provides 9,000 square feet for warehousing and pipe fabrication.
2006 The company acquires an additional 15,000 square feet of warehouse space to accommodate growth.
2009 The Mansfield operation acquires 10,000-square-foot warehouse on Route 30, expands the service department and adds a sheet metal department.
Standard is celebrating 100 years of service to Central Ohio. Read more!
Most people recognize the red Standard vans. There are 67 company vehicles on the road.
435 Walnut Ave. SE
Canton, OH 44702
Phone: (330) 453-9191
Fax: (330) 453-9111